What is Cybersecurity and Cyberattack ?
Cybersecurity is the practice of protecting systems, networks, and programs from cyberattacks or unauthorized access. Cybersecurity includes activities to protect the usability, reliability, integrity, and safety of any public or private organization from malware, hacking, ransomware or any other malicious cyberattack.
- Malware is a software that is specifically designed to disrupt, damage, or gain unauthorized access to a computer system.
- Ransomware is a type of malware from cryptovirology that threatens to publish the victim’s data or perpetually block access to it unless a ransom is paid
- Hacking is the process of exploiting vulnerabilities to gain unauthorized access to systems or resources
- Cyberattack is an attempt to gain illegal access to a computer or computer system for the purpose of causing damage or harm
- As per Juniper’s research, cybercrimes have accounted for trillions of dollars in losses, the amount in 2019 was $2 trillion
- It is estimated that by 2027, global spending on cybersecurity will reach $10 billion
- Symantec’s ISTR 2019 report states that public administration organizations receive one malicious email per 302 email
- Ransomware attacks are being launched every 14 seconds
- By 2021, that is expected to increase by more than 30% to an attack every 11 seconds and reach $20 billion according to Cybersecurity Ventures
Why Cybersecurity is Important?
Cybersecurity is important for any public and private organization. A lack of focus on cybersecurity can be greatly damaging to a business. There is the direct economic cost of such attacks to the business, such as theft of corporate information, disruption to trading or even having to repair affected systems all resulting in financial loss.
What are the Best Practises for Cybersecurity
Security is Proactive, Not Reactive
Cybersecurity proactively watches any upgrades and changes. IT and security teams help to detect and mitigate potential threats.
Cybersecurity is Important For Everyone
Anything that relies on the internet for communication, or is connected to a computer or other smart device is vulnerable to cyberattacks. This includes all from an individual to government databases, financial systems, medical records, confidential records of educational institutions & more. Cybersecurity enables all these units/organizations to achieve their objectives securely.
Security Processes are Repeatable
Cybersecurity team takes various steps to secure your business and this process is repeated again and again.
There is a Risk Management Mindset
Cybersecuirty experts have a strong understanding of what the risks or threats are, how they will be addressed and avoided.
- Capital One hit by a cyberattack that took over 100 M people’s information
- First American Corporation, had 885 million records exposed in a data breach that included bank account info, social security numbers, wire transactions, and mortgage paperwork.
- Equifax, the global credit rating agency that experienced a data breach that affected a staggering 147 Million customers. The costs of recovering from the hack were recently estimated at $439 Million.
- Facebook, the social media giant had over 540 million user records exposed to Amazon’s cloud computing service.
- Yahoo, the web giant that suffered a breach affecting every one of its three Billion customer accounts. Direct costs of the hack ran to around $350 Million, and while it’s harder to quantify reputational damage, it’s probably fair to say that Yahoo is not the first port of call for consumers seeking a safe and secure place to host an email account!
How to Secure Your BusinessSecure your business from known and unknown cybersecurity threats and brace your security posture with switches, routers, and wireless solutions. Such methods will ensure that your network is continuously learning, adapting, and protecting. Our malware protection is so advanced that it scans the network nonstop, finds to destroy the malware. It prevents any breach, monitors continuously, and detect malware instantly to remove it. Reduce costs with our network firewall, intrusion-prevention system, and latest malware protection.
- Improve your digital transformation by introducing cybersecurity into your business operations
- Know better ways to counter new threats
- Act fast to detect vulnerabilities and manage your risks
- Build data centers with built-in security
- Cybersecurity professionals, risk management experts, and technical persons should work as a team to meet security objectives
- Get a deeper understanding of security scheme, functions, and infrastructure so that they can be aligned with industry best practices.
- Detect and fix security gaps, ineffective practices and the technical security controls that are poorly designed and replace with effective controls
- Protect data in a hybrid IT environment with cybersecurity strategy