Digital Technology – What Does It Mean?
Digital transformation to powerful tool for successful innovation and organization transformation. Digital transformation consists of applying the latest digital technology in your organization so that you get a competitive edge over your competitors. Transformational Digital Transformation tools in organization: Digitalization of enterprise business. Business processes and activities are digitalized
– Digitalization includes digitizing or downgrading legacy systems, applications, information and process. – Digital technologies include: Storage, data capture, digital signage, electronic customer relationships and electronic health care. – Companies adopting digital transformation technology are seeing improved productivity, fewer errors, reduced healthcare costs, enhanced customer experiences and competitive advantages. – There are multiple sources of digital transformation. These sources include:
– Enterprise digital transformation technology helps to improve the overall quality of service provided by an organization. – It provides organizations with the ability to digitize internal business procedures, systems and processes. – Tools like Visual Basic, C++, Java, Visual Studio, S++, Ruby on rails and XML are some of the commonly used tools used for developing and deploying enterprise CRM software using traditional as well as digital technologies. – Organizations can utilize application performance management tools like Aitan and Sybase.
– Using the digital transformation technology improves the quality of service provided by the business. – The quality of a business’s customer experience transformation is directly related to the productivity and profitability of that business. – Organizations adopting digital transformation technology are able to derive several benefits. Namely, they gain competitive advantage, reduce cost, improve customer satisfaction, increase customer loyalty and enhance brand loyalty.
– Social Media is one of the tools used in digital customer service and business models. Organizations using these tools can facilitate better customer service, which improves customer loyalty. Organizations utilizing such social media tools can also draw more customers.
– Businesses can leverage on new technologies like Web Presence to get an edge over their competitors. – Social media engagement, SEO and Web analytics are some of the other tools used in digital transformation technology. – The adoption of Web 2.0 strategies enables organizations to effectively communicate with their customers on a more personalized basis. – E-marketing has been successful because of its ability to bring in new technologies and techniques that enable companies to engage their customers on a more personal level. – Companies can effectively use the power of digital transformation technologies for measuring and analyzing prospective customer needs.
– The adoption of new technologies like Social Media ensures a significant amount of savings for companies. This is because these technologies help organizations engage customers more on a more personalized basis. Organizations adopting digital transformation technology also benefit from reduced costs.
– A business model built on the principles of the digital transformation will result in a customer experience transformation. These are highly sustainable in nature as it requires very little maintenance. – Finally, the adoption of a business model based on the principles of digital transformation enables organizations to respond rapidly to customer demands.
– Analytics: The use of analytics, which includes big data, enables organizations to improve operational and customer service quality. – Big data can be used to provide insights about customer behavior, preferences and spending habits. – Digital analytics can also be used for determining competitive advantages and discovering untapped niches. The insights provided by the analytics can be used to create new products and services and bring about dramatic changes in organizational structure. – Data analysis and research can significantly contribute to organizational development.
– Machine Learning: Digital technology like machine learning is now a key tool used by many companies in implementing digital transformation. Machine learning enables fast and accurate process modeling and testing. It provides an environment where many companies can work together without being dependent on a singular vendor. Machine learning processes are scalable and elastic and can easily scale up with new business requirements. They have a deep understanding of how people interact with each other. – Machine learning is used for enabling complex decision making and product designing scenarios that cannot be easily executed using manual decision making techniques.
– Data warehouse: A data warehouse stores, aggregates, processes and assists in the smooth flow of information and data to various applications. It helps businesses to extract the necessary data from various sources and transform them into a format that is both relevant and highly targeted. This reduces data redundancy and boosts decision making capabilities. – A data warehouse helps achieve a higher return on investment (ROI) due to its ability to deliver high quality and relevant data in real time. – The design and implementation of a data warehouse requires input from multiple disciplines including developers, analysts, designers, and sales and marketing professionals.
Companies that implement the digital transformation technology gain two main benefits. First, it allows them to save substantial amounts on buying costly software and hardware for managing their business. Secondly, through digital transformation, they gain the ability to quickly adapt to changing business conditions. Digital technologies like ERP, cloud services and machine learning enable organizations to thrive in the business-to-business arena.
Deepak Wadhwani has over 20 years experience in software/wireless technologies. He has worked with Fortune 500 companies including Intuit, ESRI, Qualcomm, Sprint, Verizon, Vodafone, Nortel, Microsoft and Oracle in over 60 countries. Deepak has worked on Internet marketing projects in San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange Country, Denver, Nashville, Kansas City, New York, San Francisco and Huntsville. Deepak has been a founder of technology Startups for one of the first Cityguides, yellow pages online and web based enterprise solutions. He is an internet marketing and technology expert & co-founder for a San Diego Internet marketing company.