Coronavirus COVID-19 that began in Wuhan, China in December 2019 is spreading like a wildfire worldwide affected more than 183 countries and territories including the United States, Europe, and many other Asian countries. How China and the world reacting to the coronavirus episode?
Above 284, 525 individuals universally have been infected by Coronavirus so far, WHO reported.
Here is the current scenario of COVID-19 around the globe:
- Total infected cases so far are 284, 525
- Loss of life increases to more than 11842
- Total number of patients recovered so far is 93,566
- China total cases: 81,008, deaths: 3,255
- Italy total cases: 47,021, deaths: 4,032
- Spain total cases:24,926, deaths:1,326
- Iran total cases: 20,610, deaths: 1,556
- Germany total cases:20,581, deaths: 72
- United States total cases:19,775, deaths: 276
The number of coronavirus cases in the United States moved to more than 19000 across 49 states on Friday. West Virginia is the main state without a recorded instance of the infection. So far, there are is no vaccine or medicine discovered to combat Covid-19. Patients are made do with strong consideration, for example, liquid and oxygen support. The WHO and the Chinese National Health Commission are suggesting temporary treatment suggestions for dealing with patients who are admitted to hospitals for COVID-19. Intensivists and pulmonologists in the United States have combined treatment proposals to fight against the deadly virus. The CDC suggests that the patients who are more at risk should wear face masks to prevent infection to others.
Individual Defensive Gear
The CDC plans complete gear for medicinal service suppliers which include 1) outfit, 2) cover or respirator 3) goggles or a face shield, 4) gloves.
Most of the COVID-19 cases don’t require ventilators for ventilation until they are not above 60 years of age except in a few cases. Though, it is highly effective for elderly patients. This part of the treatment is the greatest rate-limiter of wellbeing.
Experiments are being conducted worldwide to get an affective antiviral medicine for COVCID-19. “Thousands of people have volunteered to be infected in the hope of finding a vaccine for the coronavirus” The Wall Street Journal reported.
“U.S. researchers gave the first shot to the first person (Jennifer Haller) in a test of an experimental coronavirus vaccine Monday — leading off a worldwide hunt for protection even as the pandemic surges” TIME reported on Monday.
The use of mobile apps, robots, artificial intelligence, big data technology, thermometers, QR code Scanners, and more technologies have been very effective while dealing with this deadly virus in China. Many other countries have followed the same techniques to lower the infection rate.
Chinese search giant Baidu has developed a system using infrared and facial recognition technology that scans and takes photographs of more than 200 people per minute. It is much faster than existing thermal scanners at airports. Baidu has installed it in Qinghe Station in Beijing. If somebody having a body temperature of 37.3 (99 F) or higher, the system triggers an alarm that triggers a secondary check by station personnel.
Individuals contaminated with COVID-19 are going through anxiety because of isolation, travel limitations, symptoms or fear of the disease itself. It is also s state of worrisome for those who have not been infected. According to the CDC, “Sharing the facts about COVID-19 and understanding the actual risk to yourself and people you care about can make an outbreak less stressful. When you share accurate information about COVID-19 you can help make people feel less stressed and allow you to connect with them”. Learn more
Red Cross prescribes the following steps to decrease the risk of COVID-19:
- Wash your hands frequently with cleanser and water for in any event 20 seconds, particularly in the wake of being in an open spot, or subsequent to cleaning out your nose, hacking or sniffling. On the off chance that cleanser and water are not promptly accessible, utilize a hand sanitizer with at any rate 60% liquor.
- Avoid contacting your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with individuals who are wiped out.
- Put separation among yourself and others if COVID-19 is spreading in your locale.
- Stay home in the event that you are wiped out, but to get clinical consideration.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when hacking or sniffling; toss utilized tissues in the garbage. On the off chance that tissue isn’t accessible, hack or wheeze into your elbow or sleeve, not your hands.
- Clean and sterilize every now and again contacted surfaces day by day. This incorporates tables, door handles, light switches, handles, work areas, PCs, telephones, consoles, sinks, toilets, and ledges.
- If surfaces are filthy, clean them – utilize cleanser or cleanser and water preceding sanitization. Full information on the most proficient method to purify discovered here.
- Wear a facemask on the off chance that you are debilitated. You should wear a facemask when you are around others (e.g., sharing a room or vehicle) and before you enter a medicinal services supplier’s office.
Currently, more than 150 countries are under lockdown with no social gatherings allowed. This is has been proved the best method to avoid the contact with COVID-19.